Online Special Vestry
September 26th at 1:00 p.m. via Zoom
As our Columbarium Transition Plan continues, we will be holding a Special Vestry Via Zoom.
As a first step we invite you to register for the Zoom Special Vestry.Please complete the registration at the bottom of this page.
This Special Vestry will include the following:
A Review of the Plans and Process for Closing the Columbarium and Transitioning all Niches (Sold and Filled)
Reviewing the two options provided to all Niche holder families and the process for selecting a new niche home
A Review of the budgeted costs that will be incurred to ensure that this transition is done in a sacred manner and ensures the long term sustainability and care of those who have been entrusted to us.
There will be a motion presented that will then enable us to move forward with the transition plan over
the Winter of 2021.
For more information please read through the Columbarium Documentation found HERE
What are the Next Steps?
- Currently all inurnments and sales at the Columbarium have ceased until after the transition in Spring 2022
- Our Columbarium Working Group continues to be creating plans and updating contact information for all current Columbarium Contract Holders
- We are in the process of creating some visits to the Merivale Cemeteries and to the Cathedral Columbarium (we are also looking for an opportunity to provide a video of the spaces for those who don’t want to visit in person). More details to follow.
- A Special Vestry will take place on September 26th at 1pm ONLINE. We will have details on the cost of this transition (incurred by the Parish), information on the process, times of transition, etc. in preparation of this meeting.
- After the Special Vestry all Families and Individuals with a direct connection to the Columbarium (i.e. a Loved One is inurned and/or a Niche Contract exists) will receive a letter to discuss the process of moves and requesting a decision on preferred location.
- From October – January the coordination of the moves and other administration details will be organized.
- In the Spring of 2022 we will conduct Sacred Services at the Existing Columbarium, move the urns to the new locations with the help of Funeral Cars, and have Liturgical Services at each location (More details to follow)
If you would like to discuss the Columbarium Transition Plans, please leave a message at the office (613-224-7178) and a member of the team will get back to you.